No man has ever entered a relationship and thought, “I know exactly what this woman wants.” It just doesn’t happen. And it’s not as if men don’t try to understand what their girlfriends, wives, sisters and female friends are looking for from them. It’s a mystery. Entire books are written about it, and the attempts to dissect exactly what women want continues.
While the answer to the question, “What do women really want?” may change on a daily basis, depending on what is going on in a woman’s life, there are a few basic facts that don’t. When it comes to men, there are certain qualities women are looking for.
Qualities Women Want in Men
- Passion- If you were to ask any woman who had recently found herself single again just exactly what went wrong, eight times out of ten the answer would be ‘a lack of passion.’ Women want a man who can assert himself, make plans and be passionate about her. This isn’t just limited to the bedroom. They want you to take an interest in what she is doing on a daily basis, from her work to her hobbies. Your whole world doesn’t need to revolve around them, but they need to be more than just a blip on your radar.
- Confidence- Women like a man who is confident, both in private and in public. They want you to walk into a room with your head held high and a posture that says you own the room. They want you to be able to take care of unfamiliar situations without losing your cool- even if you make a mistake. If you don’t have the self-confidence you need, consider changing your attire. The right power suit or fashionable tweed jacket can change your entire outlook on life.
- Faithful- It shouldn’t come as a surprise that a woman wants you to be faithful. In an age where you can easily arrange to have an affair online, the women in your life want you to commit to them and no one else. This isn’t difficult. If you want to be in a relationship, you’ve got to be dedicated to that relationship.
- Keep Your Promises- It’s easy to make promises. You may promise every day that you’ll wash the dog or take out the trash. Unless you follow through and do it, however, your promises don’t mean a thing. In fact, she will have a hard time believing anything you say next time. If you have trouble keeping a promise, be honest with her and let her known when you can take care of your responsibilities.
- A Little Bit of Mystery- Want to keep the excitement alive in your relationship? Keep a little bit of mystery in it. Just a little bit. Too much and you’re unpredictable and wild. While this can be exciting for a night, it is scary in a long-term relationship. You want to keep a little mystery in the relationship, however. If she knows everything, sees everything and is part of everything, things will get a little bit boring after a while. No doubt you want her to remain a little bit mysterious as well. You don’t have to know where she got that beautiful dress or even (gulp!) how much she spent on it. All you need to know is she loves you enough to dress up for a night out with you.
- Generous- We all have that mate that is inherently selfish. They like things done their own way, in their own time and they don’t really care if you have a problem with it. You don’t want to be that kind of person in your relationship. Share what you have, and she’ll be happy. It doesn’t have to be money, either. Share your time, your passions and your thoughts. Share a plate of fish and chips. She’ll appreciate your generosity and will reciprocate.
- Be Kind- One of the most important things a man can be is kind. In everything, strive to consider her feelings and be as kind as possible. Even when you’re mad. This can be difficult, of course, especially when you’re in the middle of a row with them. Every day, though, is a chance to show them your lighter side. Open the door for them, be polite, bring them items they will like and tell them they are beautiful. Whether she’s your sister, your girlfriend or your wife, she will appreciate it.
- Involved- You may not like pottery or the latest paranormal romance book, but she might. Pay attention to her storeys and be as involved as possible in what makes her happy. Sometimes you don’t need to do anything more than simply listen. Listen to what she has to say and ask the right questions.
- Funny- Make her laugh whenever you can. If you don’t have a sense of humour, life is just too serious.
- Well Dressed- Your wife is not your mother, and even your mother gave up instructing you on how to dress when you reached the age where you could decide for yourself. Make those sartorial decisions count. Men’s suits, tweed jackets and dress shirts should be a part of your wardrobe, and if they aren’t, they should be the next purchases on your list. If you spend every day in jeans or in sweats, she’s going to think you’re a slob. Don’t make her set out an appropriate set of clothing for you to wear every day. If you’re not sure what you should be wearing, go online. Brook Taverner offers a variety of suits and men’s tweed jackets, but they also offer plenty of advice on how to wear it correctly. If you’re lost, get the answers you need online and start creating a wardrobe fit for a grown man.
Not sure what women want? While the little things may change every day, those important qualities live on. Pay attention to what you do, how you act and what you wear. Putting on stylish men’s suits, being kind and showing her that you’re a confident man can keep her happy.