Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Brook Taverner and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Brook Taverner (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).Back to top
Brook Taverner are committed to allowing a clear and simple data control. You will find on this link http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/global-unsubscribe an easy method of managing what information you receive, how you receive it and further third party consent.
These details can also be found on your account page as well as having access from all emails via the
Give individuals appropriate control and choice
the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including
profiling.Back to top
Brook Taverner uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest offers.
We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. Changing marketing preferences via your Brook Taverner account or on this page http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/global-unsubscribe
2. Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
3. Contacting Brook Taverner via the contact channels set out in this Policy.Back to top
Our service providers and suppliers:
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Brook Taverner and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties:
Aside from our service providers, Brook Taverner will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes, except where your consent is given.
We may share your data with:
- With your consent, given at the time you supply your personal data, we may pass that data to a third party for their direct marketing purposes.
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
To help personalise your journey through Partnership websites we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
Abacus - Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Transactis - Transactis 2017 Ltd. will use it to help direct marketing organisations such as ourselves better understand the likely characteristics of their customers; communicate with them more effectively; and also identify prospective customers. This should mean that you receive direct marketing that is more relevant to you. To understand more please click through to our website http://www.transactis.co.uk/docs/transactis-privacy-policy.pdf
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Brook Taverner share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.Back to top
Brook Taverner may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on the Brook Taverner websites;
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Brook Taverner; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
We also receive personal data from trusted third parties who provide services to our customers under the Brook Taverner brand, such a our wholesale customers or stores.Back to top
Brook Taverner is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- security controls which protect the entire Brook Taverner IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; andBack to top
Brook Taverner will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Brook Taverner asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Brook Taverner and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Brook Taverner will have three areas on their website where we will collect data
If you wish to amend, and update your data requirements please go to this page http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/global-unsubscribe where you can alter accordinglyBack to top
There will be one ‘Global Preference Page’ where you can amend, and update your data requirements accordingly. Here is a link to the page http://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/global-unsubscribe
On this page you can
1) To unsubscribe from out weekly marketing emails
2) To unsubscribe from our personalised abandonment emails
3) To no longer have details passed to 3rd parties
4) To stop receiving postal communication
This can also be accessed from your account page https://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/customer/account/Back to top
1) New customers creating an account
On creating a new Brook Taverner Account from the Dashboard there will be three tickboxes shown:
a) Tick to opt IN to email
b) Tick to opt OUT to postal communication
c) Tick to opt OUT to having your data shared with 3rd parties.
2) New Customers placing orders
On placing an order on the website, the customer will see 2 tick boxes in the checkout:
a) Tick to opt OUT to postal communication
b) Tick to opt OUT to having your data shared with 3rd parties
Please note by a customer placing an order they'll be considered as a 'soft opt in' and thus automatically be added to the newsletter subscribers grid. An ‘unsubscribe' is available on the order confirmation email as well as all follow up emails which will allow them to unsubscribe according to the advise of the ICO which can be found here https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/marketing/
3) Existing customers placing orders
For existing customers there is a link to the Global Preference page that can be found ion the checkout page or on their account page https://www.brooktaverner.co.uk/customer/account/
4) Global Preference Page
See attached. Whenever someone wants to 'update their preferences' (i.e. from their Dashboard, from the checkout (when logged in) or clicking 'unsubscribe' on an email, they'll be taken to the attached page. They'll be four places for them to enter their email to update their preferences. (Note: the client will need to confirm the terminology of the page, the attached is just for reference for explanation)
1) To unsubscribe from out weekly marketing emails -- This will update the Newsletter subscribers grid to an opted out status (and this information will in turn update Smartmail so we know not to email these customers anymore)
2) To unsubscribe from our personalised abandonment emails -- This will unsubscribe the customer from Scenttrail only
3) To no longer have details passed to 3rd parties - The email will be passed to go direct to ensure this customer is 'opt out' of 3rd party sharing
4) To stop receiving postal communication - The email will be passed to go direct to ensure this customer is 'opt out' of 3rd party sharingBack to top
The data controller responsible for our website is smARTebusiness, smARTstudiosUK LTD.Back to top
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.Back to top